Saturday, August 8, 2015

First Short Story Submission -- Ever!

Today I submitted a short story to a literary journal for the first time. You'd think I'd passed this particular milestone earlier, but I've always worked on book-length projects. This year I've returned to the short story, which I haven't written since college. I forgot how fun it is.

Now I'm working on a short story collection, tentatively titled Lunch is So Hard. I've got five stories already, all in various stages of completion. They all revolve around the workplace:  toxic coworker; a malevolent vending machine; a temp employee's heaven; a magic planner; and an efficient woman striving to get ahead by being incompetent.

The story I submitted today is not one of them. It's for an online journal that asked for creative work around the theme of "frantic." It's called Genius At Work, and even if it isn't accepted, just finishing the exhausting process of submission is a victory in itself. Yay!




No comments:

Post a Comment